Re: For those who thought West Wing didn't have an impact...

OK. For argument's sake, let's accept the premise that the scope of

the population's knowledge on all things, be they scientific,

political, sociological, economic, etc., derives from watching TV or

going to the movies, the question then becomes, how will any degree

of protest, reach the tens of millions who watch these shows each and

every day? Are we now going to request that there be a "truth" censor

who has to watch each and every show, and, each and every movie? Are

we going to penalize a producer for producing a show where there is

believed to be an inaccuracy? Who will be the "truth police"? Will

this truth squad consist of pro-nuclear folks, anti-nuclear folks, a

mixture? Guess we can't have any politicians, since many of them

don't agree with us. Who then?

I am simply amazed at the girth of this discussion. I can't believe

that it has continued for 2 days now. There are more important things

to worry about each and every day. And, I wish someone would show me

any statistics that demonstrate that anyone's opinion of the nuclear

question was swayed by this particular TV episode, or, any recent

movie that depicted nuclear issues in a bad light. Just show me the

statistics. I hypothesis that there has been no change in a person's

beliefs, one way or another.

The real polls are the ones at the ballot box, and so far, the

nuclear option has achieved a majority of the public's vote. That's

what really counts.

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com