Would anyone care to respond?

The following letter to the editor appeared in this morning's Austin

American Statesman newspaper in response to an article which compared costs

of wind power generation to nuclear.

"Nuclear boondoggle

Re: March 24 article "Boom and bust in the wind patch":

Great article, but the costs of wind versus nuclear energy are hard to

believe. Please expose the hidden costs. More than half of federal energy

subsidies go to nuclear, costing taxpayers billions.

Add in billions more for legislation limiting nuclear industry liability and

billions more for the nuclear bailout under deregulation. Plus

round-the-clock security and the expense of transporting and storing nuclear

waste for the next 10,000 years. Not to mention that a disaster could render

the entire state of New York uninhabitable for 30 years. The real costs and

risks are endless and staggering.

At what point will we realize what a boondoggle nuclear energy is? Germany

intends to replace all of its nuclear plants. Shouldn't we do the same?

L. J. KEE"

The letter can be found online at:

http://www.austin360.com/statesman/editions/today/editorial_3.html

Is there anyone out there that would care to respond?  Responses may be

submitted as follows:

"Write To Us

The Austin American-Statesman encourages letters from readers. Please

include a name, address and daytime and evening phone numbers so that

authorship can be confirmed if your letter is chosen for publication. We

edit letters for brevity, grammar and clarity. Edited letters typically

address a single idea and do not exceed 150 words. Photgraphs may be

included for possible publication, but cannot be returned. Because of the

volume received, we cannot return or acknowledge letters not used. Anonymous

letters will not be published. Mail to: Letters to the Editor, P.O. Box 670,

Austin, Texas 78767. Send faxes to (512) 912-5927, and e-mail to

letters@statesman.com."

Please do not respond to me.  I am only passing this information along for

those interested in providing a response.

Any viewpoint that could be derived from this e-mail is my own and does not

necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Scott Flowerday