Re: West Wing, et. al.

 From: "Jacobus, John (OD/ORS)" <jacobusj@ors.od.nih.gov>

> Jim,

> As I believe I posted, this obviously was not a very good anti-nuclear waste

> "advertisement."  There was not release of radioactive material.  All was

> safe, and the story line moved on.  As Freud allegedly said, "Sometimes a

> cigar is just a cigar."  And sometimes an entertaining TV show is an

> entertaining TV show.

Actually it's more the other way around.

This had the "dodged a bullet" fear factor. A release would have to deal

with 'what effect?' and being vulnerable to a challenge about what would

really happen. You know, the part the fear-mongers  and gov't agencies don't

want addressed!  :-)

Your 'model' is having the guy drinking a Budweiser say "that's a really

good beer."  Don't need/want that to be effective!

Jim