From: Michael Stabin [mailto:michael.g.stabin@vanderbilt.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 12:26 PM
To: Jacobus, John (OD/ORS); RadSafe
Subject: Re: free speech

>I assume you have proof that CTs were not being performed.  Or is this another outrageous claim that we accuse the anit-radiation forces?

No one has published a study, no, but I'm not making up the claim. Many medical departments around the country have reported this phenomenon (parents resisting or refusing CTs for their children after this study was published), and we've seen it at Vanderbilt. I'm also not saying that anyone specifically has died from poor diagnosis, my point is that if we cut back on medical care and research, there are actual human beings involved, not theoretical phantom LNT beings, and there will be real health effects.

 . . .