Re: possible terrorist attack on a nuke = washington times

The report says that there are two men that are making

a dirty bomb - to increase the lethality of the bomb.

It seems to me that if they could obtain enough

material such that a small speck of it was lethal to

me then the whole unexploded chunk would be lethal to

those two people and they are more than likely rotting

on the floor from a highly lethal dose of radiation.

Of course, I'd like to know how someone could smuggle

radioactive material out of a nuke plant.  The only

real threat would be spent fuel - or maybe spent resin

- but you can't exactly walk out of the plant with a

fuel rod under your trenchcoat and walking out with

resin would set off radiation alarms all over the

place.

Even if someone could remove a fuel assembly from the

SFP and cut a section of it off and stuff that down

their pants (as tempting as it may be, please refrain

from the obvious jokes ;) they'd probably be dead from

the operation within a matter of hours so it would

take much more than 2 people working on the dirty

bomb.

Does anyone else share my same opinion that a dirty

bomb would not present a *true* radiological

emergency?

Tim

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20020513-8388828.htm

> > ------

> radsafe" (no quote marks) in the body of the e-mail,

> with no subject line.

> You can view the Radsafe archives at

> http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience