Re: possible terrorist attack on a nuke = washington times

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Tim <tstead@ntirs.org>

An: radsafe <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Montag, 13. Mai 2002 18:44

Betreff: Re: possible terrorist attack on a nuke = washington times

>The report says that there are two men that are making

>a dirty bomb - to increase the lethality of the bomb.

>It seems to me that if they could obtain enough

>material such that a small speck of it was lethal to

>me then the whole unexploded chunk would be lethal to

>those two people and they are more than likely rotting

>on the floor from a highly lethal dose of radiation.

Come on, you know, what kind of nonsense Norman Cohen is spreading in order

to satisfy his ego and to justify his existence...... Why do we always have

to comment on any nonsense distributed by whomever and whatever paper,

TV-show etc? Do you think that your comment - especially, if it is sent to

RADSAFE, will change anything? Do you believe, that it will "educate

people"??? I bet that Norman Cohen will send today, maybe tomorrow or the

day after or at the latest within two days the next silly news-article, the

next silly comment from some exotic news-group or from another "unplug" and

"peace" group. I have the impression that the average population has tired

on these horror stories since long. The unacceptable Sept 11 has been in the

USA a good occasion for these groups to kindle the fire of fear of all kind

nuclear - how disgusting!!! European groups have tried during the first

weeks of October to launch similar horror stories - but they were not

successful and I have not read anything in Austrian papers since November on

this topic. The news cited are a follow up of the political situation in the

USA, where obviously politicians need to keep up the rememberance of Sept

11, instead of calming down persons who suffer from, what is called in an

excellent German journal the "September-11-trauma". And so those, whome you

call "fearmongers", can proceed to spread their claims of the tremendous

dangers for nuclear power plants, transport of used nuclear fuel, cooling

pools etc.

By the way, today cable TV will show in Austria and Germany the film

"Hexenjagd" which seems to be based on the novel by Arthur Miller and its

original English title is to my knowledge "The witches of Salem". (USA 1996,

Daniel Day-Lewis, Winona Ryder, P. Scofield....) Maybe the witches are out

there again........

Ignoring is really the best thing you can do.

Best regards,

Franz

Why to argue with such people? Ignore them!