Re: COGEMA Says No to LNT

	Many of us are complaining about the non-regulatory application of

the LNT. It is one thing to say that, right or not it is a useful

conservative estimate for regulatory purposes. It is another to use it to

convince legislators that large numbers of people are being killed by

trivial doses, or to misrepresent the effects to distort the judgement of

the medical profession in the use of procedures involving ionzing

radiation. I would also like to point out that revealing the truth about

the natural world is not a democratic process. No matter how many people

vote that the speed of light increases in free space when we move toward

the source, the speed of light will remain invariant.

Bill Prestwich

McMaster University,

Hamilton, Ontario.