RE: 15 year old does model of nuke waste accident

What I find most compelling is that the Anti-Yucca

crowd is now arranging popsicle sticks and matchbox

cars, slopping a little paint around and calling that

a "study."

Further, they refer to the kid as "Ozuna" all

throughout the story - portraying him as some sort of

authority figure whose opinion should carry some

weight.

Why this kid's toy made it into a large newspaper is

beyond me.  I guess the kid's school is trying to

teach him that arranging posicle sticks, lincoln logs,

and matchbox cars is a valid substitute for good,

sound, engineering judgement and analysis.  I guess

the shear fact that something can be arranged with

toys is proof enough that it is real?

The kid needs to stay in school (preferably a

different one that will teach him correctly) and not

to galavant all the way across the country to show

lawmakers his toy cars and model paint.  What message

is this little boy learning when his school is willing

to waste good money so he can make a fool of himself?

Some would say that he will learn how our system of

governmet works and that is the real lesson.  Isn't it

a shame that they are essentially saying that it is

O.K. to lobby based upon grossly inaccurate and faulty

models wherein one is free to talk about a subject

that they know nothing about?

The other real shame is the depths that the anti-Yucca

crowd has sunk to with this one.  I don't fault the

kid - he is only doing what adults are telling him to

do...and in his mind, he is right.  I lay all the

blame at the adults who should know better but think

that this kid's well-being and education isn't as

important as their own selfish political agenda.

Tim

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com