Re: Cohen's Ecologic Studies (R-squared)

Bill,

I agree that in a study of anything vs. lc it is a good idea to "account"

for smoking. What I don't understand is how a low R-squared value has

anything to do with being able to "account" or not account for smoking. I

was hoping you could explain it on my specific example.

In the example, the R-squared will be fairly low for any smoking-lc relation

that you want to propose. That doesn't mean your smoking-lc relation is

wrong or that it can't "account" for lc.

Kai