A question of statistical significance vs operational significance

Bill,

Would you select an objective, reliable measure of the impact of

cancer on human health, e.g., mortality, morbidity, longevity, etc. and

tell me what that observation is today in perhaps the US, or the world,

or Iowa, or whatever? Then, if we could suddenly cause all radon and its

progeny to disappear completely from the earth while all other

conditions remain unchanged, what do you see in any hard data, or

believe would be the observed effect or change in that selected cancer

measurement in, say, 20 years or so?

Cheers,

Maury Siskel           maury@webtexas.com

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the

freedom to demonstrate.                       Charles M. Province