Cohen ecologic nonsense

Dr. Cohen,

I think you have been caught.  I find it hard to believe you forgot

about a letter you responded to yourself.  Surley, you knew your

inverse findings are also seen for other smoking related cancers and

your acknowlwdged ignorance on the subject is very telling.  The

scientific method dictates (if you assume your study is actually

valid) that you explain why other smoking related cancers also have

an inverse coorelation.  I have spoken to numerous epidemiologists

and they think Dr. Field's assertion that your findings are due to

residual confounding from smoking (and co-correlated inter county

factors) are very valid. Especailly since the inverse assocaition

occurs for other smoking related cancers.  If the inverse association

was due to radon, it would not be seeen for other cancers not

associated with radon.

Obviously, the points raised by Dr. Field are valid and you continue

to use smoke and mirrors to allude them.  You never responded

directly to most of his posting and in fact never directly responded

to Field's rejoinder or his last letter to the editor published in

the Health Physics Journal.  You could respond point by point on this

forum.   Your continuing insistance that all criticisms have been

answered is ridiculous.

Now, I promise - this is my last post.

Thomas Jones

Sent by Law  Mail