Re: Interactive Used Nuclear Fuel Routing Maps

Robert,

You haven't seen these waste shipments for several reasons, the main ones

being (1) the shipments are not yet authorized by Congress and won't occur

until sometime after the Yucca Mountain repository is given the OK for

development and operation, and (2) the incident-free exposure scenarios

needed to deliver measurable dose to individuals are unlikely to fit into

your family's lifestyle (e.g., loitering adjacent to a shipment at a highway

rest area or in a rail classification yard).  You may want to consider

racking your TLD/OSD at your place of employment as that device is intended

to record only your occupational exposure.

Cheers.

Rick Orthen

Richard,

If this waste has been going through my "backyard" all these years why have

I not seen these waste shipments?  Better yet why have I or my family not

received any radiation exposure?  I am in the Radiology Department of a

local hospital and do wear my personnel monitoring device all the time. It

is even with me at home.

Robert M. Ryan

privileged or confidential information.  If you have received it in error,

please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other

use of the email by you is prohibited.