From: Larson, Kaye M BAMC-Ft Sam Houston [mailto:Kaye.Larson@CEN.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 1:48 PM
To: 'William V Lipton'; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: RE: "Oops, I did it, again." (medical misadministration)

Interesting question brought up while I am sitting here with this table of data, 2001 effective dose estimates for the ablation treatment room, in front of me.

Using the length of treatment hours a patient spends in our ablation room, initial exposure measurements taken at 1 meter, and a calculated decay constant for each patient. I find the total treatment exposures, calculated, for the year is less than 75 mrem, at one meter (we had 19 ablation patients last year.).  I don't have nureg 1556, vol 9, in front of me to look at the calculated criteria for release.  I don't have patient information which can matter so much in a situation like this (small children at home...).  I don't excuse a mistake like what occurred. Just some interesting numbers. Very course, but interesting.

 . . .