RE: The Nation article on nuke plant security

I've been away from radsafe for a few years, and it seems to have changed a

little -- used to be only HighPlainsDrifter (and maybe a couple of other

nameless seem-to-be anti-nukes, the tagnames of which I've since forgotten)

participated in our discussions.

Anyway, I just thought I'd point out that the two nuclear plants I interned

at during my college years (DC Cook plant in 1997 and WNP-2 in 1993) had

flac jacketed guards with automatic weapons.  While I don't know what

training they went through, they didn't seem to behave much different from

on-duty military personnel I've rubbed shoulders with or DOE site security

guards whose training I DO know something about.  Oh well, I guess it just

goes to show the levels to which anti-nukes will stoop to advance their

"crusade to save the world" -- even if it means misrepresenting something

they MAY (and I mean MAY -- many probably don't) actually know something

about, but my guess is can make more (or at least easier) money by

misrepresenting rather than pushing the truth that those of us who have been

educated are trying so hard to do for a public that has been cheated and

deprived of by shameless envirowackos for the past 30 years.

Greg Gibbons