Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 6:26 AM
Subject: HP question - alpha sources

Dear Radsafers,

Would anyone be able to tell me why it is that the ALI (IC-W) for Po-210 is 100 times HIGHER (0.6 µCi) than for Pu-239 & Am-241 (both 0.006 µCi), even though the T½ for Po-210 is 1140-times shorter than that of Am-241, and 63570-times shorter than that of Pu-239 ? Can someone please enlighten me about the reasons for this ?

Thanks in advance.

Jaro