Re: Rad Sources for Workshops

While removing a source from a smoke detector is not on the same scale a

worldwide terrorism, as professional health physicists we have an obligation to

inform the public about how to correctly handle radioactive material.  Above

all, we should avoid advising the public to take actions which are potentially

contrary to applicable regulations.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton