RE: Portable gamma spectroscopy

Title: RE: Portable gamma spectroscopy

"Richard:

Consider the Exploranium radiation detection systems, specifically their miniSPEC...

Larry Grimm
UCLA EH&S/ Radiation Safety Division"

    I agree with Larry.  The GR-130's we have been using for the past two years have been vary stable and reliable.  Our Health and Safety Techs actually use them in the field, and it only takes about two hours of training to make them proficient.  Exploranium will soon be coming out with an update to the GR-130 which includes some nice improvements in the software and a charging base that does not require removing the battery panel to plug in the charger or the RS-232 port.

Doug Taylor
WPRAP Laboratory Manager
Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure, Inc.
(513)-648-4355