Re: Electrical Hazard from Metal in TLD Badge

On 7 Aug 2002 at 10:25, CHASE John -NUCLEAR wrote:

> has anybody ever considered this question before, and what

> do you think would be the hazard for the Mylar window?

Hello John,

In my 30+ years in the field, I have never heard of a single case

where there was any issue even remotely related to electrical hazard,

due to the clip, or any other part of the TLD holder and associated

components. This includes both various Harshaw and Panasonic

products.

The concern is base-less, and appears to be simply a "what if." The

facts don't support the concern to any degree.

Regards,

Sandy

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/