Re: Annual attempt at correction

I recommend to you "Strategy" by B.H. Littlehart. You have stated the

shortsighted, militaristic goal.  But the real aim of waging war is to

obtain a better peace than you had before you started.

Now, given the war with Japan and the way it started, look at our

relationship with Japan.  I think we both agree that things could hardly

have turned out better if we had not dropped the bomb.

I also have to agree (for a change) with John Jacobus.  It was

inevitable.  You can bet your soul the Japanese would have used it on us

if they had it first.  I will leave you to contemplate how humanitarian

Imperial Japan would have been with us, compared to our efforts to

restore Japan.

My advice to those who want to heap shame on America over this issue is

strictly unprintable.

	Gary Isenhower

	713-798-8353

	garyi@bcm.tmc.edu