Re: Radiological Stress Victims

Accepted that many a-bomb survivors have a real 'post-trauma' stress. Not

accepted that this is "radiation stress" as being alluded to here is (at

least some) messages. This is real stress, that may or may not be

"post-trauma" (e.g., does this include people who put their feet in a

fluoroscope in their youth?).

At the center of general "radiation stress" condition is a fear that is

grounded only on the disinformation they are fed by those "under the color

of authority."

And you are absolutely right that if we have an major radiation incident we

will have thousands of "irrationally terrified people."

In one HP meeting several years ago, there were various comments following a

report on Tokaimura characterizing the public hysteria that would occur in

the US if (the non-exposures of) the Tokaimura accident "ever happened

here." But there were no comments on getting out a statement to explain that

there was no public dose / risk. Just as there were no objections by the HPs

about the fraudulent statements by DOE (produced by anti-nukes) that AEC/DOE

workers had died, were dying, and would be dying for decades, from their

radiation doses (among other things, like beryllium) even by the HPs on

whose watch these deadly exposures had been received. (After all, DOE had

ordered silence by the minions in the labs and affiliated institutions.

(Remember the part about "let's not shoot ourselves in the wallet? :-)

Regards, Jim