Markey and DOE Guards

Without disclosing anything I shouldn't, let me say that it is evident that

Rep. Markey has never actually visited a DOE/NNSA site that handles SNM.  If

he had, he would have seen the significant lengths to which we go to protect

this stuff.  As a former Rocky Flats, and current Y-12, employee who has

had, and still has, the need to enter MAAs at these facilities, I can assure

you that security is very tight, and getting tighter.

Bates Estabrooks

Facility Safety

BWXT Y-12

9983-FS