RE: Question: EMF Researcher Made Up Data, ORI Says (Science,2 July, 1999)

... but all of those enrgy forms share one major phenomenon in common ,

i.e. they are blamed to cause various health effects without any plausible

biological mechanism, so what  is the difference???

Just kidding , when coming to talk, or write , about non ionizing

electromagnetic radiation i use the correct terms , and I expect every

scientisit to do the same,and every journalist to do the opposite ( the

journalists, at least, never let me down)

> In both scientific and public discourse, you should call it by a

> precise descriptor -- it is a "static magnetic field", a

> "power-frequency electric field", " 900 MHz radio-frequency

> radiation", etc.

> --

Agree, but then you must be ready to pay the high price, the public might

lose attention. The "public" don't know the difference between ELF, RF etc.

they are not interested in the distinction between near field and far field

, magnetic field and electric field. I personally had one of my worst hours

explaining the difference between ionizing and non ionizing radiations to a

nice lady who was both a chemist and a lawyer...

Just my thoughts

Dov  (Dubi)Brickner   MD

Beer Sheva    ISRAEL