Security at Facilities

OK, first of all, I work at one of the facilities being discussed.  I've

also worked at commercial NPPs, and seen their security.  I'd choose here

for better security, even with half the security force.  I can't talk about

specifics, but it really disturbs me to see the security here disparaged,

I've seen things in exercises that absolutely amaze me about how good the

security forces are, as many of you are aware there's lots of distortion

from reality to reporting.

As for civilians being shot - I'm a civilian, and if this place was

attacked seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if I got shot.  The mission of

the guys with the guns is to steal, or prevent the theft of material.  I'm

a nuisance at that point,  and one less distraction if I cause a

distraction.  It obviously doesn't concern me much, my opinion is that I'm

at much greater danger getting to/from work in my car.

Obviously, my own personal opinion.

Brian Rees