Radiologists: Less adrenalin, heart attacks and cancer?

Dear Jerry

I do not know of scientific data on radiologists being less type "A". Type "A"s

have been shown to have more heart attacks and cancer risks like smoking.

I'm sort of a disciple of Meyer Friedman, coauthor of Type A Behavior and Your

Heart. Friedman consulted in my office on a dozen heart patients yearly, 40 - 45

years ago. His and Ray Rosenman's Western Collaborative Study of 5,000 Lockheed

employees found 5x the ECG changes, myocardial infarct and heart death rates at

5 & 10 years, among the 33% labeled "A" (fight or flight indicators).

Adrenalin is the main cause of our epidemic of heart attacks. It shortens

clotting time (thrombosis), stimulates arrhythmia (400,000 deaths in USA yearly)

and makes coronary spasm (voodoo or cocaine effect).

 I expect radiation treatment could be impressive in gangrene (75 cGy,

repeatedly), as shown at our DDP meeting by Jerry Cuttler. Radiation treatment

helped acute shoulder bursitis in 1940s.  My extensive experience injecting

trigger points in the sacroiliac with cortisone suggests use of radiotherapy

there also.

Howard Long

PS  HMO physicians don't seem to enjoy their work or make friends with

patients.. Haven't you noticed?