RE: Animal radon studies

Lots of them, Here a few references, mostly focused on low exposure

effects (high exposure studies, above 100 or 200 WLM and at high

concentrations - dose rates, are not interesting, except for comparison

with low level exposures.  Nobody is exposed to such levels nowadays)

For example :

Morlier et al.  Lung cancer incidence after exposure of rats to low

doses of radon: Influence of dose rate.  Radiation Protection Dosimetry

Vol. 56, pp. 93-97, 1994.

Monchaux G., Morlier J-P., Altmeyer S., Debroche M., Morin M. Influence

of exposure rate on lung cancer induction in rats exposed to 222Rn D.P.

Radiat Res. 152:S137-S140 (1999).

Lots of references of older papers.

Monchaux et al.  Carcinogenic and cocarcinogenic effects of radon and

radon daughters in rats.  Environmental Health Perspectives Vol 102 no.

1 pp. 64-73, 1994.  (Lots of references, please read the conclusion

carefully!).

P Duport