Re: ABC Tests U.S. Border Security

So what!!  According to the story, they complied with all regulations

regarding movement of the material.  Why would they have expected someone

to question them if it was all done legally, which would have required

appropriate shipping manifests, etc.  If they didn't comply with shipping

and import regulations they should be arrested and prosecuted as if they

were actual terrorists.  This is like saying "I was able to withdraw

$10,000 from my bank account.  I could have used this money to support

terrorist activities.  Why didn't anyone stop me?!"

I won't even comment on the obvious level if ignorance of the reporter who

wrote the article.

I guess the lesson is:  We must be extra vigilant and guard against all

movement of DU.  After all, someone could strap some explosives to it and

if you got hit with the shrapnel it could kill you.  Actually, maybe we

should protect ourselves from the movement of nails, ball bearings and

glass shards as well.

Kim Merritt, RRPT

Radiation/Laser Safety Officer

NASA Langley Research Center