Re: ABC Tests U.S. Border Security

Great jumpin' butterballs!!! Who'd ever have imagined strapping nails or

ball bearings onto a bomb? What will they think of next ....  They should

wrap one in Coleman lantern mantles or, as Jaro suggested, round up a

few smoke detectors ....

I do have my email to ABC Fairy Tales network drafted if I can see what

show airs the so-called security test tomorrow. The report was done by

Brian Ross, ABC's Chief Investigative Reporter. Wow -- what a scoop!!

Cheers,

Maury Siskel            maury@webtexas.com

=========================

"Kim D. Merritt" wrote:

> So what!!  According to the story, they complied with all regulations

> regarding movement of the material.  Why would they have expected

> someone

> to question them if it was all done legally, which would have required

> appropriate shipping manifests, etc.  If they didn't comply with shipping

> and import regulations they should be arrested and prosecuted as if they

> were actual terrorists.  This is like saying "I was able to withdraw

> $10,000 from my bank account.  I could have used this money to support

> terrorist activities.  Why didn't anyone stop me?!"

> I won't even comment on the obvious level if ignorance of the reporter who

> wrote the article.

> I guess the lesson is:  We must be extra vigilant and guard against all

> movement of DU.  After all, someone could strap some explosives to it and

> if you got hit with the shrapnel it could kill you.  Actually, maybe we

> should protect ourselves from the movement of nails, ball bearings and

> glass shards as well.

> Kim Merritt, RRPT

> Radiation/Laser Safety Officer

Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has

been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been

playful, rebellious, and immature.                     Tom Robbins