"Overmatching" Controls?! (Radon Medicine Efficacy)

Bill, Bernie, rad scientists and HPs,

Radon, like all other MEDICINES, must be tested with maximum matching

possible (placebo-controlled studies, double blinded), to definitively

identify most beneficial dosage, frequency of bad results (unusual

sensitivity), etc.

Why does Field refuse to accept the ethics of such a study? In Iowa,

 37% smoking "matched controls" (for 87% smoking lung cancer cases),

elicits incredulity about the validity of  "statistical correction".

True controls must be identical to cases in everything except the

chemical being tested, even to placebo effect (usually 30%).

Cohen is correct here. Field refuses for radon, a test required of every

other medicine.

Howard Long