Standards for Errors of Omission of Hormesis?

Dear Radsafers and Regulators,

Omissions of needed procedures (as in Chernobyl) or medicine (as with

missed pneumonia, which I see almost every week), can be as damaging as

errors of commission (putting together a critical mass as at that

Japanese reactor, or giving penicillin to an allergic person).

Regulations do not yet account for the deficiency disease caused by

limiting

radiation in Gulf states, which have 24% less total mortality when

radiation is increased to the level of the mountain states.  (Is

Radiation an Essential Trace Energy? Cameron

www.aps.org/units/fps/oct01/a5oct01.html).

Where is the regulation for this ERROR OF OMISSION?!

Do we need intentional atmospheric releases of radioctivity? I would

oppose such, preferring individual choice of iodized salt, fluorodated

water, radon supplement (uranium ore in basement), etc. However, the

recognition of potential benefit for most people from such releases

would help calm the unreasonable anxiety of worriers like those in our

LLNL area Citizens Against a Radioactive Environment (CARE).

Howard Long