AW: hot new jeans

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Stabin, Michael

Gesendet: Samstag, 14. September 2002 16:16

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Betreff: hot new jeans

The Times (London), Fri, Sept 13, 2002: The American jeans company Levi

Strauss yesterday denied that its new trousers fitted with "anti-radiation"

pockets for mobile phones played on consumer fears. Cedric Jungpeter,

European

communications manager for Levi's said: "We're not implying in any way that

mobile phones are dangerous. Our intention is not to cash in on consumer

fears

but to provide the consumers with what they want." The design follows market

research which revealed that the fashion conscious were also health

conscious.

The new Icon S-Fit line by Dockers, a Levi brand, is being shown to

retailers

in the hope of having the trousers in shops by spring.

------------------------------------

Michael,

Whenever one thinks that the radiation phobia has reached a climax and there

simply cannot be anything more silly and more ridiculous happening in the

world - then there is some news going far beyond the previous nonsense.

I even have some understanding for the company, which will take any

opportunity to increase sales. But to increase sales, somebody has to buy

the product. The "somebody" is clearly the youth of today. We, the older

generation must surely have done bad work, so that the next one falls for

such incredible nonsense. Is there anybody else to blame?

Franz