Questionnaires, phone ear, electrosoensitivity, radiation free zones etc

More comments relating to questionnaires, radiation free zones etc may be of

interest to some Radsafers and I therefore add&update:

1. Questionnaires in general and the ear question (see below):

Please continue sending your responses. Each one is recorded

individually and will be checked by an independent person.

I will give you some more feedback.

2. Should local communities be required to have radiation free zones?

Here are a couple of sites that are not Swedish and may be of some

Interest:

http://www.gigaherz.ch/

(Gigaherzlich)

http://www.energyfields.org/

(SF Neighborhood Antenna-Free Union – well with the risk for blackouts – may

be it doesn’t matter very much… :-).

http://www.emrnetwork.org/sensitivity/mwimitate.pdf

(Electrosensitivity is like pesticide disease)

I have browsed the Internet and find that we now have many dozens

of areas (it may be a hundred – I really don’t know) in Sweden where

various public interest groups want ”radiation free zones”. Therefore I

think that responses to the question (see 2. below) have some interest

so please cast a vote.

Someone asked about the word ”commune”. We have a word in Swedish for

the locally administrated area: kommun. This is typically a town or

city with its closest surroundings. There is no exact English equivalent

but I would use the word ”municipality” or compare it with a smaller U.S.

county. We have a political election in Sweden tomorrow and many local

”environmental” or ”people’s voice/future” parties now have the ”radiation

free zones” in their suggested program.

I may add that after I and 2-4 other scientists wrote three major

newspaper articles (past 8 months) in Sweden we have been attacked by

at least four people who all seem to have other topics than cancer

on their agenda. Browsing the Internet I instead find ”oral galvanism”

and ”hypersensitivity to electricity” as their major concerns. The

strange aspect is that we never discussed these topics so why are

they mad at us? I really don’t get it. The Swedish law forbids me to

mention any names on the Internet and therefore I can’t help you but

I can assure you that their names result in many dozens of hits with

AltaVista (they mention my name by the way...).

These comments and initiatives by me have not been approved by anyone.

They are my personal ideas only,

Bjorn Cedervall    bcradsafers@hotmail.com

--------------------

1. The "which ear" question (mobile phones) I sent to you generated a

total of 74 responses this far:

Present status:

Right: 17

Left: 29

Both: 26

Don't know: 2

There are details in the responses I got that turned out to be more

interesting than I first had expected. I promise to share this with

you later but I don’t want to disturb the answers by commenting this

now. I can just say at this stage that your answers will be of

continued interest – I simply want better statistics so please

continue sending in your responses (thanks to those who already did).

For remaining responders - please send your "ear" answer

(right/left/both/don't know)

best3d72@yahoo.com

- - -

2.  The site below is about problems related to health damage due to oral

galvanism, hypersensitivity to electricity etc. The quiz to the right - at

the bottom may be of some interest - a translation would be something like:

Bold text:

"Should (//radiation//) freezones be created for those that are

hypersensitive to electricity."

(It is a question but they forgot the question mark)

The rest of the text: "Shall the communes (=municipalities - like smaller

U.S. counties) be required to provide a freezone for those who claim that

they get sick when new masts are constructed?"

Ja=Yes (167 at this moment of writing = 79 %)

Nej=No (45 at this moment of writing)

http://www.kvicksilver.org/

(kvicksilver = Swedish word for mercury)

You may say that this is unimportant to non-Swedes - I say "not unimportant"

because there is so much global crosstalk today (see the SF site above).

What they come up with here may come to other countries later on so it is

good if a large part of the population gets an opportunity to answer.

I am sure that the high level of radiation expertise among Radsafers can add

to the value of the site (sorry that most of you can't read the Swedish).

"Ordinary people" (not Radsafers :-) should also be concerned so it may be a

good idea if you send this to your non-Radsafers friends as well.