Re: VARIATIONS IN BACKGROUND

	Essentially everything about radon in the 1987 Report must be

superseded, since very little was known at that time. I would be glad to

give info on variation of radon if you specify by what index -- within

U.S. as a whole, within any section, within any state. I can give S.D. or

geometric S.D., or by quartiles, etc.

Bernard L. Cohen

Physics Dept.

University of Pittsburgh