Synchrotron radiation - occupancy

Dear radsafers

My accelerator physics group has requested access to the synchrotron ring

during operation to align their diagnostic beamline.  This beamline is

completely contained within the front end (i.e. is behind the shield wall)

and represents a recent configuration change.  They need to align mirrors,

for which they have only manual controls while beam is circulating.  There

is an autocorrect function running to maintain beam position based on beam

position monitoring feedback.  The experiment would be conducted at low

current (3 ma) and 1.35 GeV. At this current, beamlife is extremely long

with few losses. Have any of you ever dealt with such a request?  Of

course, we are completing calculations for a beam dump in the area but

wanted you to share any similar experiences.  You may respond directly to

me.

Many thanks,

Lorraine Day, PhD

CAMD Safety