Re: "Perception is reality"

On 17 Sep 2002 at 16:48, Jerry Cohen wrote:

> To those who sincerely believe that perception is reality:

> It is my perception that you are a pack of idiots! Therefore, ---------

Well, Jerry makes his point quite eloquently :)

Let me just say that perception is not reality. Granted, to the individual who holds the

perception, to them, it is reality, but for those, such as many of us, who know the truth,

the perception is not reality. I am not sure that Bill was making that leap. What this does

provide those in any field, where there is a perception understanding, is an opportunity

to focus on the perception, and, do whatever is necessary to change the perception,

change the paradigms, whereby the individual begins to look at facts and not simply

base an opinion on what they are told. While this won't work for a large percentage of

the population who hold their beliefs as gospel, we simply can't say, their perceptions

are reality, and then deal with them on that level. That is totally inappropriate. We have

to understand what perceptions there are, counter them with facts, and then move on. If

the rock isn't going to move, stop breaking your back trying to move it.

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel: (714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax: (714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/