FW: "Perception is reality"

I have an impression that we are under an illusion of "perception," as

discussed. Here is why:

>From the unabridged Webster:

"perception, n [L. perceptio, perceptionis, from percipere to seize.]

1. consciousness, awareness.

2. the awareness of objects or other data through the medium of the senses.

3. the process or faculty of perceiving.

4. the result of this; knowledge, etc. gained by perceiving.

5. insight or intuition, as of an abstract quality."

while

"illusion, n [L. illusio (-nis), a mocking, jeering, from illusus, pp. of

illudere, to mock, play with; ... ]

1. a false idea of conception; a belief or opinion not in accord with the

facts.

2. an unreal, deceptive, or misleading appearance of image.

3. a false perception of what one sees, where one is, etc.; in psychology,

an abnormal illusion is a hallucination.

4. a delicate, gauzy cloth used for veils, etc.; tulle.

Syn. -chimera, deception, delusion, fallacy."

Thus, if we do not, readily, perceive the earth's curvature, we do not

experience a false perception, but an illusion of the earth being flat; that

is, we experience a false conception - I think!

That "all radiation is bad" is, of course, an illusion, that is, a false

perception drawn from ...

What I am trying to say is simply this: in our recent messages, using

"perception" without "false," is an illusion. ;-)))) !

Dusan Radosavljevic, RRPT

Austin, TX

desegnac@swbell.net