Re: "Perception is reality"

maury wrote:

> I believe that Ruth and others have set the picture quite accurately. I

> believe I understand what Bill means and is

> trying to convey by using the "perception is reality"

> theme, but it just does not work conceptually as a general

> population assertion.

It very clear what Bill is expressing - its just that this is not what

he is saying.

"Perception IS reality" is simply ridiculous!  Irrational!!

What he is expressing is much more accurately phrased as:

Perception influences reality

or

Perception can shape reality

or more artistically:

Reality flows from perception

I am sure many other accurate phrases can accurately state what he is

expressing by his examples - but not so apt to enrage the logical mind

with absurdity - and thus for the antis is not as inciteful - which

after all is one of their purposes.

And of course he tells us to:

Pay attention to perception - right or wrong it can cause you great

difficulty/grief.

That all being said

Perception STILL is not reality!  It never will/can be.  The BEST

perception can do is to align itself with reality.