RE: "Perception is reality"

	The "perception is reality" comment, and truth is for an individual.

I have presented a government based course in which this is stated.  That

course is for OJT trainers.  The statement is used to give the prospective

information provider notice that no matter what they say, or how they say

this to the trainee, unless the trainee is convinced in their own mind that

this "can" be a better, or different and acceptable way of doing or

believing in something the training will fail.

	So before any transfer of information can take place between trainer

and trainee the trainer must have trainee "buy in".  That is what must

happen in our arena as far as getting the message across.  If one method

doesn't work, then try a different approach to the problem.  As the

quotation below my signature sums up what is happening in our "community" I

can see no progress being made in the changing of group perceptions.  These

perception changes need to be addressed at the individual level.

Chris A. Marthaller, RRPT

Sr. Training Coordinator, WIPP

(505) 234-8661

Chris.Marthaller@wipp.ws

I alone am to blame for my statements.

"If we keep doing what we are doing, we will keep getting what we are

getting." ANON