Trainings veterinarians

I have been asked to put together some training for veterinarians who will

using radioactive materials in animals for therapeutic and diagnostic

purposes. I have a couple of questions:

1. What training material is available? How do I get it?

2. What do we want these workers to know or be able to do?

3. When they release pets back to the owners after a therapeutic procedure,

what are the release limits?

4. What are the most common radioisotopes used by this group?

Small history why I am asking these questions. We teach radiation safety to

general laboratory workers and have a text for the class. Our class is 40

hours in length. It includes classroom and laboratory instruction. Our

regulators would like to recommend our course to veterinarians. I am trying

to find the most useful training materials for them.

Please send any information directly to me unless you feel that the rest of

the group would benefit. Thank you!

John Pickering

San Jose State University

johnjp@email.sjsu.edu or (408) 924-4818