Re: "Perception is reality"

I agree with you, Ruth,

Actually, this "perception is reality" conundrum is one of the basic

social science dogmata, and like most of them, it is contradicted by

experiment:

	In my Physics 101 course at the University of Basel in Switzerland, my

teacher had about 200 students come down into the experimental area and

look down a corridor behing the lecture room where you could see a

flower pot standing on a little table.  Asked to fetch it,a student

walks toward the pot and stops midway because it disappeared, although

the table stayed.  "They do it with mirrors!" of course, and the pot is

actually behind the student upside down on the wall!

	Now what is reality and what is perception?  They are different as so

often, and it just depends on the point from where you observe the

phenomenon. And lo and behold, there IS a physical reality! If it is

different from social perception, then too bad for social perception!

Have a nice rest of the week,

Fritz

Fritz A. Seiler, Ph. D.

President