Alpha dosimetry on lung epithelium

Dear radsafers,

    I am searching for some alpha dosimetry algorithm in calculating the

lung epithelium dose from uniformly distributed alpha-emitted isotopes.

Particularly when the radionuclide is uniformly distributed on the inner

surface of the cylindrical bronchi and bronchioles with the mucus covering

the epithelium.

   I find some formula in some articles in Radiation Protection

dosimetry(1991, pg 185-199) in terms of energy fluence rate and a

geometrical factor of (1+ (R/r)**2)  but are just hard to figure out how it

come out!

    Moreover I think that any alpha emission from a surface site  towards a

target volume will be proportional to the solid angle subtended in that

target site due to the isotropic 4 pi geometry emission of that alpha

emission. Are there any articles or papers , textbooks on discussion with

that  including continuous slow down approximation within the target tissue.

   Thank you for any help in this topic.

Best regards

John Lam, Hong Kong