Subject: [Fwd: NCI on NPPs as Terrorist Targets]

Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 13:00:26 -0500

From: maury <maury@webtexas.com>

To: John Jacobus <jenday1@MSN.COM>

G'mornin' John. One of the so-called rebuttals to the

Science Article was posted Fri. by Jim Hoerner. This is

the one I spoke about authored by Lyman and his NCI anti-nuclear group.

The URL is shown for the NCI release.

The complete NCI release is contained also in Jim

Hoerner's post to Radsafe which I've truncated and shown below. It

really saddens me to see this kind of stuff,

but this is one way to keep the lay public scared to

death of any suggestion of radioactivity.

I would like to add one note about the Sandia sled test.

An F-4 Phantom is a twin engine rather heavy fighter.

Thus, that test did impact the concrete squarely with

two engines (and their associated spindle shafts (or

axles). The dimensions of four-engined commercial air carriers are such

that none of them could hit a

containment structure with more than one engine -- the engines are

simply too widely spaced on the commercial

twin or four-engine aircraft to strike the containment structure with

more than a single engine.

Oh well, I guess the guys conjuring up images of

doomsday and major disasters always have more fun, but

I am sorry to see so much of that crap.

Best wishes,

Maury