Re: Low dose stimulation produces immunity to cancer

>J. B. Murphy (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences), studying

>cancer immunity and the role of lymphocytes, reports that both natural and

>induced immunity controls and destroys cancers in mice (specific cancers in

>a specific strain), and that lymphocytes target and destroy those tumors.

>He shows this by using the property of small doses of x-rays to suppress

>lymphocytes. As lymphocytes are suppressed, the tumors are increasingly

>able to become established and to grow rapidly.

But, he reports that their finding that at even lower doses the lymphocytes

are NOT suppressed, but stimulated!

---

Referring to the last sentence - what exactly is meant by stimulation?

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com

---

PS. Radiation victims: About ten hours ago I gave a reference (from 1902) to

a tumor in an X-ray ulcer but it hasn't showed up yet. Wonder why.