Re: DU talk

Sandy,

>I fail to see your point?  Are you saying that one should not use the

>term depleted when discussing depleted uranium. ...

of course not. I just have wintnessed more than once the term being used

implying "non-radioactive" (in the media, obviously not on this

list). If we will be sensitive about word usage, I guess we better

be consistent.

Jack,

>Canada or Mexico are concerned about our invading them. Hey--we even gave up

>control of the Panama Canal. But as for assurances--I think there's ample

hey, I am no less pro-American than anyone. Most books I have read

are by American authors, etc. I was just saying self-censorship

can be very destructive; and I have a feeling I see more of it

now than I used to see 5 or 10 years ago in the occidental world.

I have seen more than enough of it during the soviet era, more than

I could endure (so I escaped then).

 Now whether this self censorship is my own fiction or realy existing,

one needs not be Hari Seldon to be scared by the extrapolation of its

effect on what I guess we all value in todays civilization.

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff

http://transgalactic.freeyellow.com