Re: DU Story

Otto,

Most all peace activists that I know do NOT support unilateral disarmament of

the USA, but support phased and planned

interntional disarmament. This is certainly the position of Peace Action

http://www.peace-action.org , the national organization

of which my group is a regional chapter.

And no way are we a cult. I know about cults, and saying that peace activists

are 'cultish' is an insult to 100s of thousands of well meaning American

citizens who are Peace Action members, as well as Quakers and other peace

loving people.

I can understand your frustration in not being heard by the crowd. Perhaps you

can offer to set up a panel discussion or give a talk about what you think the

facts on DU are. And I'm not saying that Doug Rokke or Helen Caldicott may

overstate their case - that's probably true.

Norm.

"Otto G. Raabe" wrote:

> November 26, 2002

> Davis, CA

>  I think my objections fell on

> closed minds, however, since this was a cultist group of "peace activists"

> who think disarmament of our nation will lead to peace.

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave.,

Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8583 or 609-601-8537;  ncohen12@comcast.net  UNPLUG

SALEM WEBSITE:  http://www.unplugsalem.org/  COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE

WEBSITE:  http://www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org   The Coalition for Peace

and Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.

"First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you; Then you

win. (Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?"  (Mary Chapin Carpenter)