Re: MEDHP-SEC: Article: High Security Trips Up Some Irradi

One thing I would point out - a field gamma spec instrument is not that

complicated or high tech.  Not more so than say a calculator.  Its

expensive because it is a niche low volume market.  If this greatly

increases the market it could very much decrease the price!

Mass market detectors (even watches) could be very cheap.  As soon as

its a big enough market for a custom chip to be engineered and for

volume production of Cd Te to reduce the price.  Depending of course on

how opportunistic the purveyors want to be.