RE: Article: High Security Trips Up Some Irradiated Patients,Doctors Say

Title: RE: Article: High Security Trips Up Some Irradiated Patients,Doctors Say

>  Is it realistic to think someone would hide a harmful amount of
> radioactivity in a body cavity?

Just as realistic as flying a plane into a building!  Suicide is suicide.

Excuse me ?

....are you saying that someone could carry enough activity in some body cavity to kill hundreds, or even thousands of people, without dying on the spot ??

That would be a neat trick !
 ....it would probably involve nothing short of a pretty powerful criticality burst
(OK, I get it -- the guy swallows a bunch of plutonium pellets, and then to activate the thing, he gulps down a half-gallon of beer :-)

....but I suspect that the Cerenkov radiation would be a dead giveaway -- most people probably wouldn't hang around to get a big enough dose, as the guy starts chucking up his infernal meal !

Ghastly idea.
Jaro