Advanced Fusion Reactions (neutron free???)

Hmmmmmmm,

       This is from:    jpreisig@aol.com   .

     Hi Radsafers,

            Thanks to Otto Raabe for the nice message on fusion.  In the mid-1970's,
I worked as a physics technician at a company called Fusion Energy Corporation,
and later known as Aneutronics, Inc. (Princeton, NJ).  This company was run
by Dr. Bogdan Maglich, an experimental particle physicist.  Maglich's company
(independent of U.S. DOE) was looking into creating fusion via a self-colliding
beam of deuterons and/or tritons, also known as a "migma".  The deuterium
and/or tritium beam is accelerated via a Van de Graaff accelerator into a
magnetic field which causes the self-collisions.  Fusions result???  You may
be able to find more details about all this on the internet.

          In addition to Migma, Fusion Energy Corp. scientists were looking into
fusion reactions (other than straight D,T) which produced lesser numbers of
neutrons, using fuels heavier than D,T; for example, Helium, Lithium,
Berylium, etc.  One might be able to find information about this work in the
Physics literature under the names Maglich, Bob Miller, Jim Treglio,
Menasian, Steve Chanin, Charlie Powell, etc.  After a while, I lost touch with
the people doing this work.  I think the group re-surfaced in Irvine, California, but
I am not sure.  I think Maglich is still around.  They may have been bought
out by the U.S. Military, and/or John Deere tractor???  The original funders
of this work were Aleusuisse and I think some Saudi folks.

     Yeah, the (D,D) and (D,T) reactions sure make neutrons well, and the fuel
is fairly plentiful.  Things like helium, lithium, berylium (when collided) may  be
less plentiful, but may have the potential to make lesser amounts of
neutrons.  So, if you see your neighbor stockpiling Lithium, this may be
one reason???

     As for Dr. Ruth Weiner, wasn't the knock on Plutonium is that it is
a fairly (chemically) toxic substance???  Sure, plutonium is a metal and may
be difficult to disperse.  Oh Well.

     Radsafe people, have a wonderful and safe holiday!!!!

                Regards,                J.R. Preisig, Ph.D.