Re: RE: "Stupid" Pill

Comment on ad confusing table salt [NaCl] with potassium chloride [KCl].

There are several possible sources of this error by the site owners:

1) It could be that this sales site's attempt to capitalize on fear of "dirty

bombs" and "nuclear explosions" is deliberately trying to blur the line between

KI in thyroid blocking pills,  and KCl [which is commonly found in "lo-salt" or

"no salt" products mainly for the elderly who might have more of a problem with

high blood pressure] so that potential users might not be quite so concerned

about taking KI tablets.

2) Perhaps the site operators know their target audience demographic is largely

older and know that many of these older buyers would have KCl on their tables.

However, this is probably giving this site operators more credit than they

deserve.

3) The site operators just don't know that table salt is NaCl. Why would that not

surprise me?  If they can't get that basic fact right, why should anyone believe

anything else they are trying to present in so authorative a manner in their

hucksterism as to the need for general population purchase of KI thyroid blocking

tablets?

Stewart Farber