RE: Dirty Bombs

Ed,

This has been out there for a time, and was presented to Congress.  (You

know how knowledgeable they are on scientific issues.)

The estimates of death is based on EPA estimates on cancer deaths.  To their

credit, the FAES admits to this.  They do bring up the issue that if a

radiological bomb is used (not necessary the case studies they evaluated)

we, as a society, will have to look at issues such as immediate response to

evaluate and clean up.  Personally, I do not think a radiological bomb is

that credable of a threat.  I would expect to see a plain, old fashion car

bomb.

-- John

John P. Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist