Re: Not using LNT to calculate risk does not mean there is no risk.

My error!  I view all NCRP publications as some sort of recommendation.

Even a "review of the science" can look like a recommendation by the

selection of what is reviewed and conclusions suggested.  So - I'd have

to say that "my point" was based on my mis interpretation of the NCRP

document.

It seems that the attitude is that LNTH is IT - until there is

conclusive and compelling proof that it is not.  I thought that the way

science worked is that it took only ONE exception to exclude a

hypothesis!  The hypothesis could of course be reformulated in response

to contrary findings - but then its a new hypothesis.

I really should look at 136 again - but what I have generally seen is

that much of the micro biology bares out LNTH but the macro biology does

not and there is simply not enough evidence in the macro biology

experiments to say for sure - but last time I checked - the regs etc.

applied to the macro biology!

When the regs choose control levels that are within the variation of

natural background - then they are going too far.